ANKLE/FOOT ACHILLES STRETCHING
Things to Remember
- Always wear shoes while doing these stretches.
- Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds
- Repeat with both feet, 3 times daily
- Do 3 sessions daily
- Exercise 1
- Stand in a comfortable shoulder width stance
- Keep your front leg straight. With both your
heals flat on the floor
- Turn your back toes slightly inward.
- Lean your front knee and hips towards
the wall, until a stretch is felt in the upper calf.
- Keep your feet and heels flat on the floor
- Stand with both knees bent, ina comfortable shoulder width stance
- Keep your back toes turned slightly in
- Gently lean your front knee and hip towards the wall until you feel a stretch in your lower calf.
- Place foot to be stretched forward, with heel on the ground and toes on teh wall.
- The goal of this stretch is to get your front foot flat against the wall.
- Keep your fron knee straight.
- Use your leg that is behind you to elevate your entire body up over your foot, while bringing your hips towards the wall.
- Do this until you feel a stretch up the entire back of your calf and leg.